When deciding on a size for your new building, it is important to consider your space needs present AND future.
Questions to guide you if your are considering having living quarters in your building.
• Where will you locate the house on the site?
• Where will the sun rise and set?
• What direction will face the street?
• How will you access the site?
• Do you prefer one story or two?
• Will there be any exposure on the basement/lower level?
• How do you want room layouts to be done?
• Consider Traffic flow through the house.
• How many bedrooms?
• How many bathrooms do you want and what size?
• What is the size of your family?
• How many people will occupy the house at one time?
• Should there be space consideration for pets?
• What should the size of the kitchen area be?
• Should it accommodate a table?
• What seating space will be available?
• What size should the pantry be for food storage?
• Will you have a washer and dryer?
• Will you have a fireplace or woodstove?
• Consider the size of the living room.
• How much furniture will you have?
• Do you want any decks, patios, or porches? If so, how large?
• How much garage space will you need?
• How do you plan on using your garage?
• What toys do you need to keep protected?
Keep in mind…
• The average motorcycle is 3′ wide x 8′ long
• The average riding mower is 4′ wide x 6′ long
• The average boat is 6′ wide and 26′ long with trailer
• The average tractor is 6′ wide x 12′ long
• The average car is 7′ wide x 15′ long (15’x15′ with doors open)
• The average SUV & Truck are 8′ wide x 17′ long (17’x17′ with doors open)
Ready to Take the Next Step?
To Request a Quote, Ask a Question (maybe 2)
or to Schedule a FREE Site Visit,
Call us at 302-257-3145 or
We Look Forward to Hearing from You!